Serve It Right Saskatchewan
Helping you and your staff serve alcohol
Serve It Right Saskatchewan
(SIRS) is the official provincial responsible service of alcohol program. It was developed to provide consistent training
for the sale and service of alcohol and to ensure that alcohol-related activities are conducted with integrity and in a socially responsible manner.
Training topics include:
- ways of identifying intoxication.
- how to handle situations involving minors.
- effective approaches in discontinuing or refusing the sale or service of alcohol.
- facts and figures on legal responsibilities and liabilities.
Although server intervention training is not yet mandatory in Saskatchewan, it is a must for anyone operating or working in an establishment that serves alcohol. It is applicable whether you work on-premise (lounge, bar, club) or are involved in other activities (special events) that include the sale and service of alcohol. When implemented properly, SIRS training can help you and your staff reduce the risk of liability and enhance the safety of your premises or special events.
- Online Program – Complete the online program at work or in the comfort of your own home and at your own pace! $30/person + GST.
- Group Seminar – Certified facilitators will provide an educational, fun, and rewarding seminar. $50/person + GST. Minimum 16 participants.
- Self-Directed Course – If you want to learn at home, but don't have access to the Internet. $50/person + GST.
All options include multiple choice exam, certificate, and wallet card.
The Saskatchewan Server Intervention Program Committee (SSIP) was formed to oversee the development and implementation of SIRS. This program is sponsored and supported by:
Saskatchewan Wine & Spirits Association
For more information on liquor regulations and other social responsibility initiatives in Saskatchewan, click here.
To view the revisions that the Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority made to the Liquor Act, click here
To download the Serve It Right Saskatchewan
promotional flyer, click here
"Serve It Right Saskatchewan was by far the most eye-opening seminar to date that our Kinsmen Club has taken. We have had approximately 20 people from our club go through the training through either a procter or online. The seminar will equip you with the knowledge that will help you through a difficult situation where there is alcohol involved. You can't afford to miss this training. If fact, we are going to make it mandatory that all executive members of our club have this training."
Trent Fedorychka, President
Melfort Kinsmen Club
"I honestly didn't know it was illegal to serve intoxicated patrons, so I definately will keep an eye out for that. I found this course very important and believe everyone should have this training."
Serve It Right Saskatchewan participant
Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority, 2010